Sunday, November 25, 2007

Loi Krathong Festival








The Loi Krathong Festival is celebrated nationwide in Thailand, especially where there are rivers, canals or sources of water, with different unique characteristics.
“Loi Krathong” is traditionally performed on the full moon night of the twelfth lunar month, which usually falls on some day in November. In this year, Loi Krathong day of Thailand that is Saturday24 November ,2007. On Morning Saturday, I came back to my hometown at Nakhonpathom province for prepared the floating Krathong with my family but my father is busy on his works so that he can not to join with our. On evening, my mom and I went to buy Krathong at the market near my home. The Krathong that we can not make by ourself because method to make that is difficult and complicate. After that, we went to the temple( Wat Lantakfar)- when I arrived that it made me surprise because I saw the group of many people who want to float Krathong at the river. It look confused so that my mom and I determinded to float Krathong at our home because my home is near the river( Nakhonchaisri river ) It’s flow pass the front of my home- I thought we have a luck thing on the same time. At Midnight, we were floating Krathong together, I prayed for thank the Goddess of the river( Mare Khongkra ) who everyone has respected because we believe the God of the river didn’t punishment to our for a bad things that we made with the river such as, throw away for garbage on the river etc. And then my mom and I has sing a song together ( Loikrathong's lyrics ) :

November full moon shines,

Loi Krathong, Loi Krathong,

and the water's high in the river and local klong,


Loi Loi Krathong,

Loi Loi Krathong,

Loi Krathong is here and everybody's full of cheer,


We're together at the klong,

We're together at the klong,


Each one with this krathong,

As we push away we pray,

We can see a better day.

No comments: