Friday, February 8, 2008

The God of Love


The Trimulati Shrine, The God of love (In Thai is call Phra Trimulati) is a Hindu shrine in Bangkok, at the intersection of Ratchadamri Road and Ratchaprasong Road in Pathum Wan district It is near the Bangkok Skytrain's Chitlom Station, which has an elevated walkway overlooking the shrine. The area has many shopping malls nearby, including Gaysorn, CentralWorld and Amarin Plaza.About the history of Trimulati Shrine in Bangkok, I could not tell you about everything because I am esteem in Buddhism. However, I know a little about this God.

The Trimulati Shrine, consist of three Great Gods of Hinduism in one, including 1.Brahma: the Creator 2.Vishnu: the Preserver 3. Shiva: the Destroyer

About the time that you should to go to salute or pray isevery Thursday, including two times, 9.30 am and 21.30 pm.

Thai people believed that when they went to go to pray this God of Love, Phra Trimulati, they will receive many good things in their life especially, about lovely, if you are single that you will have a boyfriend or girlfriend immediately or you will successful in your lover life maybe your lover will love you forever and long time. This reasons why many Thai peoples had respect. Especially, the month of love, February.

The pray for goods things which you wish to happen in your lover or life, the things that you must to use was 9incenses, 2 red candles, 9 red roses or yellow wreath and a paper of chant, maybe you could use other things together was many fruit (coconut, banana, etc.)However, the candle, the rose and the incense must to use red only because the Red is an agent of Lover. (I thought that)



On Evening Thursday, after I finished my class. I went to Ratchaprasong Road by friend’scar, Nich for to went to pray Phra Trimulati. During the journey, we found the traffic jam at Rama 9to Siam Square. Why traffic jam more than other days because this day was a day of travel of Chainese-Thai people. We used all time from ABAC to Central World, Ratchaprasong Road about 2 hours. Oh!!! Very long time.
When I arrived, I bought nine red roses, nine incenses, two candles. This things for to pray this God of Love ,you could buy everything that you want at the front ofCentral World.





After that, I and my friends went to pray together. Before I will pray that I had to solicited my friend,Nich for took photo of me at the front of this shrine. At the same time, I saw many people around me and a journalist from someplace took a video to record, they had to record me too. when I prayed finished, I took a roses to lay the front of a shrine (this area had many red roses)
You must to lay your roses near water because Thai people believed that lover life will fully of moist ( find good things forever). After that we came back home.




No comments: